Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Inconvenience

When I hear about construction, it ruins my day. Most times, it's not even in the paths I travel each day. But, somehow, I sense it will impact me.

Usually I'm right. It happens at the strangest times, too. Sometimes it's when I'm running errands and I forget that traffic is re-routed, or that two lanes were condensed to one.

My day was ruined recently when I discovered the entrance to westbound State Route 2 at Lloyd Road will be closed while highway work is completed.

No, I don't normally take that route; I use the eastbound ramp. However, I sense traffic will back up and make me late.

Last summer, basically the eastern portion of Cuyahoga County was under construction. Getting stuck on Mayfield Road a couple times for more than an hour left me afraid to venture into that neighborhood for months.

Sadly, it's that time again, when we sprout our crop of orange barrels. And some will impact my commute to work. I'll grumble along with the rest of you and dream of the day when the highway will be smooth and the path wider.

Until then, we're in for some long drives each day.

No comments: