Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Live on TV from Channel 3

Reporter Paul Thomas is preparing to do a live shot on WKYC-TV 3. He and his cameraman are scrambling to set up, gearing up for a start in 30 seconds.

It's interesting to watch them set up, because we at The News-Herald have recently started shooting video for our Web site. I'm hoping to get some clues for how to shoot video from these guys.

They carry heavier cameras than we do, and I'm sure are more steady of hand, but maybe something will stick with me.

The light's on, so we're about to start. I'm chewing gum, which is part of a tick to deal with nervous energy. I guess I'm hoping he doesn't ask me any questions.

Thomas just said he doubts we'll have any real history-making moments tonight. I hope he's wrong, because it would be fun to know we're responsible for something that makes a difference.

1 comment:

derek said...

Can I have some gum?