Monday, March 10, 2008

A little sign of spring

On a day when I drove past snow piles that in some places reached higher than the top of my head, I remembered a sure sign of spring was occurring in gyms all around Ohio.

This marks the first official week of practice for spring sports teams.

Yes, that means there's tennis being played, baseball bats being swung and young men and women running around tracks training for the moment they can actually see the ovals they'll compete on when it officially becomes spring. We can't forget that softballs are being pitched in both fast and slow forms.

I know it's difficult to believe as we still marvel at our weekend's misfortune, but we're just a few weeks away from sitting in area stands watching our neighbors compete simply for the joy of the sport.

Ah, I knew there was a bright spot somewhere.

No comments: