Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Well, duh!!

I've become fascinated with Politico.com, a Web site devoted to American politics.

I'm not sure if the site was dedicated to politics in general before the presidential election kicked into high gear, or if it's just recently become awash in those races.

Either way, it's my favorite Web destination now, right after News-Herald.com (in case my bosses are watching). I signed up to receive their "breaking news" e-mails here at work, and just got the first couple of the night pertaining to today's presidential primary votes.

U.S. Sen. Barack Obama, D-Ill., won Vermont. Good to know.

U.S. Sen. John McCain, R-Ariz., won Vermont and Ohio. Not much of a surprise there, really, is it?

I wholeheartedly suggest checking out Politico.com, because it's run by former newspaper journalists Jim VandeHei and John F. Harris, who previously worked at The Washington Post. These excellent writers periodically have stories that appear on the site. Their current one explains the reasons why U.S. Sen. Hillary Clinton, D-N.Y., would have won Ohio or Texas, if that actually occurs.

One of their reasons is that journalists are too hard on Clinton's tendancy to show that she's actually a woman. I wonder who would do such a thing?

No comments: